This Paleo Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Chicken is delicious and so much healthier than take-out. Your slow cooker also makes this dish super easy and totally foolproof. Simply set it and forget it!
Slow cooker dinners—there’s nothing easier! Simply add your ingredients, set the cook time and serve. While we often get the most use out of our slow cookers during the winter, it’s also ideal for the summer months when it’s way too hot to consider heating up your kitchen with the oven and essentially turning it into a sauna!
This easy and delicious Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Chicken dish is perfect any time of the year, but it’s become one of our favorites for hot summer days better spent by the pool then the oven. It’s such a simple and effortless dish. You simply cut up your chicken, season with salt and pepper, blend your sauce, throw it all in the slow cooker and let it work its magic.
While this dish is simple to prepare, the sauce is far from simple in flavor. A perfect balance of sweet and spicy blend together to create a yummy sauce that will keep you coming back for seconds. And don’t worry—while this chicken tastes like your favorite take out, it’s made up of clean and healthy ingredients that won’t leave you feeling heavy and bloated. Serve it with white rice or grated cauliflower rice and a cooling cucumber salad for a tasty, satisfying meal.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cubed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste or ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about half a lime)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger (or 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- Sesame seeds, cashews, cilantro, green onions
- Lightly coat slow cooker with oil. Place chicken into the bottom of slow cooker and season with sea salt and pepper.
- In a blender, combine all of the sauce ingredients (EXCEPT the arrowroot starch) and blend until smooth. Pour over chicken and close lid.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3.
- Once chicken is fully cooked; combine 2 tablespoons of sauce with arrowroot starch in a small mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Pour mixture into slow cooker and cook on high for an additional 15 minutes; leaving lid ajar.
- Serve over rice or grated cauliflower rice and garnish. Enjoy!
I hope you give this recipe a try! If you do, I’d love for you to leave a comment on this post or share a picture on Instagram with the tag #themodernbuttery. I love hearing from you and seeing your creations!
Also, if you would like to stay up to date on my latest recipes and blog posts, you can SUBSCRIBE to my newsletter in the sidebar and also follow me on social media: Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook.