This simple Paleo Cranberry Crunch Granola is delicious, healthy and makes for a satisfying snack or quick breakfast served with your favorite dairy free milk!
The internet is full of Paleo granola recipes, but I thought I’d share the one I’ve been making for the past several months. It’s not only delicious and perfectly crunchy, but also satisfying and super easy to make!
I came up with this recipe mostly for my husband, David. He is a big snacker and, on occasion, still craves a bowl of cereal in the morning. I knew a healthier, homemade granola would be a perfect treat and help sway him from bringing home the processed stuff sold at most grocery stores.
Made up of whole food ingredients including a mix of nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon, vanilla, and lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and baked to perfection—this granola not only comes together quickly but is also very versatile. While this is our family’s favorite flavor combination; I often mix it up depending on the season and you can easily experiment with different nuts, spices and dried fruit to suit you and your family’s taste buds!
This granola will also keep you fuller longer since it’s mostly made up of nuts that are packed with protein and healthy fats; unlike the typical oat based and sugar-filled variety which has little nutritional value and spikes your blood sugar. I love snacking on some when we’re headed out on a hike or a road trip knowing that it will keep us energized and satisfied for hours.
So skip the store bought stuff and make it at home! You’ll be thankful you have some in your pantry next time you need to fill your cereal craving or just want a healthy and satisfying grab-and-go snack.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2-3 tablespoons, coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- ¾ cup dried cranberries, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add nuts, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes,coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt to a large bowl and mix together.
- Add vanilla extract and stevia, if using, to the melted coconut oil and pour over nut mixture; stir to coat.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto baking sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Allow pan to cool on a wire rack for about 45 minutes and then mix in dried cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container or resealable bag. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite granola flavor combination? Let me know in the comments below and maybe it will show up in my next recipe!
Also, if you want to stay up to date on my latest recipes and blog posts, you can SUBSCRIBE to my newsletter in the sidebar and also follow me on social media: Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook.